Sliding Door (Single)
A powerful industry needs strong doors. Sliding Doors from PS Access Solutions™ are made specifically to withstand rigorous, industrial environments. Unlike traditional hollow metal doors, our doors feature durable construction that stands up to high drafts, continuous use and all kinds of weather conditions. With more than 40 years of proven success in power generation and industrial applications, these doors are perfect for power plants, mines, mills and manufacturing facilities.
Our Sliding Doors are 100% customizable for virtually every situation or our standard 36” x 84” Sliding Door (single configuration) is in-stock and ready to ship to your facility.
Meets The Requirements Of Local Fire Marshals And NFPA Life Safety Code – Read More
Request More Info
To download specifications and product information, see the black tabs located in the upper right corner of your screen.
SINGLE SLIDING DOOR QUICK FACTS
SINGLE SLIDING DOOR BENEFITS
- Reduces maintenance with long-lasting construction that is unaffected by high winds, continuous use or weather conditions
- Improves employee safety in high-draft applications
- Fits any application – 100% customizable by size and design with single slide, bi-part sliding or swing/slide combinations available
- Meets The Requirements Of Local Fire Marshals And NFPA Life Safety Code – specifically:
1. The door leaf is readily operable from either side without special knowledge or effort.
2. The force that, when applied to the operating device in the direction of egress, is required to operate the door leaf is not more than 15 lbf (67 N).
3. The force required to operate the door leaf in the direction of travel is not more than 30 lbf (133 N) to set the leaf in motion and is not more than 15 lbf (67 N) to close the leaf or open it to the minimum required width (NFPA 101 Life Safety Code P-62-63/2018).(Points four and five of the code pertain to automated door options and, as such, have not been listed.)
Sources: NFPA 101 Life Safety Code 220.127.116.11 P-62-63/2018
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the life safety code allows for a Sliding Door to be used as a means of egress under 18.104.22.168. Contact PS Access Solutions about incorporating an egress option into your Sliding Door.
We can do keyed locks, magnetic locks or even a simple hasp lock on our Sliding Doors.
We offer a 36” x 84” Sliding Door for replacing a standard swing door and can usually ship it out in a week. For custom doors, the manufacturing time is based on our production capacity. Typical lead time is about six weeks after design and approvals are complete.
Manual or electric operation is available.
If you’d like more information about how to order this product, please give us a call at the number below or use our Information Request online form.
We are here five days a week from 8am-5pm.